Pages

Monday 7 June 2021

1918 Flu

 Hi bloggers,

today i'm writing about something really cool. it is about a really bad flu in 1918. the flu was really bad and most of the people who got it died because there wasn't much they could do to help with it so the only thing they could do is give them medicine and keep them away from other people. Also my great great grandma had it and there is a picture of my great great grandad getting medicine for it and that picture is on the encyclopedia. also somehow it is the spanish flu. which it is really bad and it is kind of like coronavirus which is even worse because back then they didn't have much things to help with it. And what I did well with my reading work is that I did not have any challenges in doing it which means I did well in my work.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, great blog. Good to see you used the information I told you about our family in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum, Thank you for the comment on the blog. Also I put the information of our family on our blog because it gives them more information. And also I tried to find the photo from the encyclopedia but I couldn't find it. What encyclopedia was my great great grandad in?
      From Sam:)

      Delete
    2. Hi Sam, it was in a New Zealand encyclopedia that we had at home when I was your age. It also was used on a stuff article
      Love Mum

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Sam,
    Wow it's great that your family has a specific connection to the 1918 pandemic. Thank you for sharing that information with us. Remember to always check your work before publishing to ensure your sentences start with capital letters. What do you think would make your work more challenging for you?
    Mrs Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.